Skyfall is a thumping blockbuster and one of the biggest James Bond hits till date. Internationally, the movie has grossed more than $300 million. ” ‘Skyfall’ has all the classic components that people want in a Bond film,” said IMDB’s Keith Simanton, who gave the film a rating of 8 out of 10. ”
“It is becoming increasingly more common for studios to roll out blockbuster films in international markets before domestic these days,” revealed Jeff Bock, box-office analyst for Exhibitor Relations. “With 007’s huge overseas numbers trumping all box-office news in the U.S. the last two weekends, there is certainly fervor over here. And that box-office buzz can only help punch up the grosses Stateside, as Bond’s latest adventure is the second in a row of the series to open wide without any competition.”
Skyfall has earned $321,000,000 internationally. On its opening weekend, it earned $80.6 million from 25 markets. In the UK Skyfall grossed $32.4 million on its opening weekend, marking it the second-highest Friday-to-Sunday debut ever behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. It has the second highest IMAX debut behind The Dark Knight Rises. Overall in the UK, Skyfall has grossed more than, the film has grossed $85,800,000
Skyfall had a record breaking opening in Switzerland ($5.3 million) and recorded the second-largest opening weekend for a Hollywood film in India ($5.1 million). In Finland, it has registered the largest opening weekend when excluding previews ($1.47 million).
Who is the Best Bond actor ever ?
Former James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore saw the movie at a private screening and said that it was tiem for the audience to realize that Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever, better than Sean Connery as well, According to you, who is the best Bond actor ever?
Here are the USP of each of the James Bond actors –
- Sean Connery – Handsome, rugged and smooth-talking, this Bond was a complete package in addition to being a gun-totting chick magnet.
- George Lazenby – Got some of the coolest lines and was very good at potraying the emotional side of Bond.
- Roger Moore – Perfomed the role of James Bond to the hilt. His sense of humor and innuendos were irresistible as was his ease in seducing women easily.
- Timothy Dalton – Gave a grey shade to Bond, he was mysterious and kept you guessing.
- Pierce Brosnan – Perhaps, the most handsome Bond, he dripped sex appeal and charisma He matched the character of James Bond to the T from his diction to his clothes and to that disarming smile. If you need to look for the most stylish Bond, Pierce Brosnan is the man.
- Daniel Craig – The Best Bond actor, he is both macho and vulnerable. This guy has a body to die for and a face that is capable of expressing his inner fears and hiding his next moves. Daniel Craig is the most critically acclaimed James Bond to date.